There is something about Bailey’s and Chocolate that make them a winning combination when making cakes. We have created this delicious recipe that is perfect for sharing over the festive season. Watch our short film to see how easy it is to make and scroll down for the full recipe below.
Baileys Chocolate Fridge Cake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chill time: 5 hours
50g dried cranberries
100ml Baileys or another Irish Cream
250g Menier Swiss Dark Chocolate
250g Menier Swiss Milk Chocolate
100g unsalted butter
200g glace cherries, halved
200g Menier Swiss White Chocolate
- Place the cranberries and raisins in a bowl and pour over the Baileys. Cover the bowl with cling film and microwave for 30 seconds and set aside to soak.
- Prepare a 20cm x 20cm square tin by lining with baking paper.
- In a pan melt 150g of the Menier dark chocolate and 150g of the Menier milk chocolate along with the butter. When thoroughly melted add the soaked fruit and Baileys, Maltesers and cherries. Pour into the prepared tin and place in the fridge for one hour.
- Melt the remaining dark, milk and white chocolate in separate bowls and then dollop over the top of the chilled chocolate. Now swirl the chocolate with a fork and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and allow the fridge cake to get to room temperature and slice into your desired number of squares. Gift wrap for a perfect festive sweet treat!